Pre NVQ Level 6 Diploma in Sign language Interpreting Development Course:
- This course is suitable for people who are currently actively engaged in a communicating or interpreting role and who wish to consolidate and enhance their learning to an accredited level.Please note that this is a vocational (NVQ) course so people who are not actively engaged in any BSL/English exchange will find some of the aims challenging.
- Only those candidates completing to a satisfactory level will be recommended for Portfolio Building in order to attain their NVQ Level 6 Diploma in Sign language Interpreting certificate, which will allow them to register as a Registered Sign Language Interpreter with SASLI and NRCPD (a separate course for Portfolio Building will follow the completion of this Development Course)
- In addition to attending the teaching weekends, applicants should note they will be required to commit to a significant amount of additional self-study.Please note – Deaf Perspective is supportive of NRCPD’s and SASLI’s aims to endorse good quality BSL/English Interpreting in Scotland, and will not recommend candidates for Portfolio Building unless they feel that the candidate is suitable, eligible, and has the appropriate skills and qualities to develop into a professional practitioner.
- “Payment plans are available to assist with the cost of the course, Please contact for more details”
- The course works to National Occupational Standards in Interpreting and is delivered over 11 weekends (approximately one per month) from 10.00 – 4.30 on both Saturday and Sunday, and therefore totals 121 hours contact teaching time (excluding breaks)