British Sign Language (BSL) – Level 2
Enables candidates to acquire a functional communication in British Sign Language through participation in simulated ‘real life’ scenarios. It also aims to provide further information about Deaf People, the Deaf Community and Deaf Culture. It is aimed at those who have completed a Level 1 British Sign Language qualification or equivalent, to develop their British Sign Language skills.
By the end of the course students should be able to:
- Participate in a conversation using British Sign Language without misunderstanding, requiring frequent repetition or clarification, and should make use of an appropriate range of conversational strategies.
- Demonstrate and respond to an appropriate selection of vocabulary, varying in amount and range.
- Demonstrate a number of grammatical features, clearly and accurately
- Convey information clearly and accurately
- Understand a signed narrative without major omissions or in accuracies.
- Respond accurately to signed questions relating to a signed narrative.
- Produce a signed narrative without major omissions or inaccuracies.
This course consists of 3 units:
- BSL1: British Sign Language Receptive Skills
- BSL2: British Sign Language Productive Skills
- BSL3: British Sign Language Conversational Skills
It is aimed at those who have completed a Level 1 British Sign Language qualification or equivalent, to develop their British Sign Language skills.
Course is run over a 32 week period with one evening session per week.
What some past students have said:
This course certainly brought on my learning
Friendly staff and very helpful, Definitely be coming back here for my level 3