British Sign Language – Level 6 NVQ:
Enables participants to further develop their existing BSL skills. It is advisable, but not essential for participants to have completed Signature Level 3 NVQ or equivalent, prior to starting this course.
By the end of the course participants should:
For Signing Skills
· Have enhanced their existing language skills (both receptive and productive) which will involve the grammatical structures of BSL, rules, principles and vocabulary
· Have improved their ability to self-evaluate these skills
For Portfolio Knowledge
· Understand NVQ6 BSL Standards
· Understand how to construct and mark portfolio work, for the NVQ Level 6 course in BSL
For Video Editing Knowledge
· Understand how to make proper use of Camcorders and Video Recorders for editing of signed footage
- It is aimed at those who have completed a Level 3 British Sign Language qualification or equivalent, to develop their British Sign Language skills. It also provides opportunities to gather portfolio evidence.
- “Payment plans are available to assist with the cost of the course, Please contact for more details”
- Course is run over a 10 month period including One evening from 6.30 to 9.00pm every week PLUS a workshop to be held every alternate Saturday morning. 1 informal feedback session and a portfolio interview, on completion of the course